Hematologic Disorders Ppt PDF
Hematologic Disorders CBC Normal Adult Values • WBC 5,000 – 10,000/mm 3 • RBC 4.5 – 5.5 million/mm 3 (4 – 5 females) • Hgb 14 – 17 g/dl (12 – 16 females) ... Microsoft PowerPoint - 04b-Hematologic Disorders.ppt Author: heymanp Created Date:
hematologic disorders • Diseases my involve any of the blood elements- RBCs, WBCs or platelets • Diseases may include malignant proliferations (leukemias), clonal expansions (myeloproliferative disorders), abnormalities in production, cell lifespan or
Nonmyeloablative Transplantation for Nonmalignant Hematologic Disorders John F. Tisdale, MD Senior Investigator Molecular and Clinical Hematology Branch
MYELOPROLIFERATIVE DISORDERS Gina C. Guzman, MD, DBIM, FALU, ALMI AAIM ... • Complete hematologic response (NL WBCs, PLTs, no splenomegaly) ... Hematologic Malignancies - Myeloproliferative Disorders - Guzman.ppt Author:
Hematologic Disorders and Medications Functions of blood ... Aging of Hematologic System • Blood composition does not change • Decreased iron – Decreased intrinsic factor ... Microsoft PowerPoint - 04a Hematologic.ppt Author: heymanp
• Most reactive disorders can be distinguished from a neoplastic process – CBC/Differential, CRP, ... – Malignant hematologic disorders • Causes of absolute monocytosis – Response to chronic infections ... WBC Disorders ppt PA10 BB [Compatibility Mode]
treatment of hematological disorders such as Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Lymphedema • Apply critical thinking skills and analyze nursing ... Microsoft PowerPoint - Unit Five Problems of the Hematological System complete with notes 2009.ppt
• Correlate clinical symptoms and hematologic findings with test for heterophile antibodies of IM – False positive and negative IM results can occur Reactive WBC Disorders 23 ... Microsoft PowerPoint - WBC Disorders ppt handout PA10 Author:
Hematologic system • Rapid growth of component cells ... Hematologic disorders • Too Low (Anemia, Leukopenia, • Too High (Erythrocytosis, Leukocytosis, thrombocytopenia) 1. ... Microsoft PowerPoint - IntroClin2013.ppt [Compatibility Mode]
Hematologic Disorders 2 Learning Objectives ... White Blood Cell Disorders (Cont’d)
Hematologic disorders rare genetic disorders ... Microsoft PowerPoint - Leukemia ppt Sprl 2012 [Compatibility Mode] Author: tifrank Created Date: 5/15/2012 10:31:37 AM ...
Hematologic/Oncologic Disorders 5.5% of Exam Approximate % within Hematologic/Oncologic Disorders Red Blood Cell Diseases 5% White Blood Cell Diseases 15% Platelet Disorders 15% Coagulopathies 15% Hypercoagulable States 15% Transfusion Medicine 15% Solid ...
DSI08_1.ppt Overview of Disease-Specific Inserts FEB 2008 Yet ANOTHER change for the CIBMTR and the ... Hematologic/Clinical ... Plasma cell disorders DSI08_37.ppt Consistent approach with TED
Other Hematologic Disorders Chronic Disorders Clinical Proof of Concept Acute Diseases 6 YM Corporate Presentation | Calendar Q2/2012 ... Microsoft PowerPoint - YM BioSciences CorpPres May 9 12.ppt [Read-Only] Author: dbabineau Created Date:
disorders can affect these pressures and result in the ... Hematologic Disorders Infections Cardiovascular Disorders Hematologic Disorders ... Microsoft PowerPoint - Peeples - NICU Mgmt of Nydrops Fetalis.ppt [Compatibility Mode] Author:
Disorders 2. Hematologic and Vascular abnormalities 3. Disorders of Keratinization 4. Collagen-Vascular disease 5. Endocrinopathies 6. Others. Musculoskeletal Disorders • Clubbing – Increased convexity of the nail and thickening of the distal
Eating Disorders Dr. Jane McKay Dr. Ric Arseneau ... Hematologic & Immune (Bone Marrow) ... Microsoft PowerPoint - ED OwnYourHealthpresentationInternal Medicine.ppt Author: lkinnaird Created Date: 11/19/2009 9:37:36 AM ...
Eating Disorders in Children and ... – Consists of cardiovascular, neurologic, and hematologic ... Microsoft PowerPoint - Eating disorders pdf.ppt [Compatibility Mode] Author: grant Created Date: 4/3/2011 1:52:35 AM ...
Hematologic Response Residual disease amount Partial Remission Complete Remission ... Malignant hematologic disorders characterized by involvement of: Lymph nodes Bone marrow ... MajhailN_DiseaseResponse2rv.ppt [Compatibility Mode]
endocrinological, metabolic and hematologic disorders, which test over 4 million babies in the United States each year. ... http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/newborn/ppt/nbsslide.ppt#38. Title: Texas State Newborn Case Management Program (Government/USA)
Plasma Cell Disorders Monoclonal Gammopathies ... • Hematologic disorders 5% • Non-hematologic malignancy 3% ... Microsoft PowerPoint - Rajkumar, ACP 2011 Part 1b.ppt [Compatibility Mode] Author: Barbaraw Created Date: 3/18/2011 2:54:28 PM ...
Disease Stem Cell Therapy Goal Hematologic disorders Leukemias Replace marrow ; graft vs tumor Multiple myeloma Replace marrow ; graft vs tumor Sickle cell anemia Replace or correct erythrocytes
CARDIAC DISORDERS Circulatory Changes at Birth When the umbilical cord is clamped, the ... Hematologic testing Cardiac catheterization ... Microsoft PowerPoint - CARDIAC DISORDERS.ppt [Compatibility Mode] Author:
• Hematologic disorders such as leukemia or lymphoma • Malignant neoplasms such as carcinoma of the head or neck 32 TBTestingNovember2012 Wisconsin Department ofHealthServices Who is at Risk to Become Infected with TB? Risk Factors: Non-medical
– Autoimmune disorders, infections, or malignancies; ... There is no single hematologic or biochemical test that is conclusive for a ... Microsoft PowerPoint - Hematology Tools to aid in the Diagnosis and.ppt [Compatibility Mode]
hematologic disorders ... Microsoft PowerPoint - ANEMIA & HEMODIALYSIS.ppt [Compatibility Mode] Author: Administrator Created Date: 2/28/2010 1:14:16 PM ...
... chronic renal failure, hematologic disorders, significant weight loss, gastrectomy, jejunoileal bypass); children younger than 4 years or exposed to adults at high risk Persons at low risk for tuberculosis PPD = Purified ... Mycobacterium Tuberculosis.ppt [Read-Only] [Compatibility Mode ...
Practical Diagnosis of Hematologic Disorders by Carl Kjeldberg ... American Society for Clinical Pathology PPT, PRISE o http://www.ascp.org/ Johns Hopkins’ Unknowns o http://pathology2.jhu.edu/sp/
– Patients with hematologic disorders and mutations in G-CSF receptor – Children with ALL – Studies in stem cell donors • Adults • Children • Summary. Biologic Effects of G-CSF ... Microsoft PowerPoint - Santana FDA 12-9-2008.ppt Author:
5.1 Hematologic disorders: myeloproliferative disorders, splenectomy 5.2 Systemic disorders: sarcoidosis, pulmonary Langerhans cell histiocytosis 5.3 Metabolic disorders: glycogen storage disease, Gaucher disease, thyroid disorders
Disorders of the Spleen Loretto Glynn, M.D. ... For what other hematologic disorders might splenectomy be indicated? 6 Case # 1 ... Microsoft PowerPoint - spleenCMS.ppt updated April 09 Author: efabro Created Date: 5/5/2009 12:15:39 PM ...
DISORDERS Ł HEMATOLOGIC DISORDERS Ł CARDIOVASCULAR DISORDERS ŁCANCER RESPIRATORY DISORDERS OF CHILDREN. Pediatric HESI Review 16 RESPIRATORY SYSTEM OVERVIEW OVERVIEW Ł Resp. infections easily spread from one structure to another within the resp. tract
• Hematologic disorders • Electrolyte abnormalities • Hypertension • Cardiac dilatation • Cardiomyopathy • Dyslipidemia • Pancreatitis • Malnutrition •Obesity ... Microsoft PowerPoint - 14LustigSugar.ppt Author: mtrojnar Created Date:
Download the .PPT version of this presentation for off line viewing (512.5 KB) ... Hematologic Disorders-Thrombophilia, acquired or congenital Unexplained. Page 6 of 37. Educational Tutorial: Low Molecular Weight Heparin in Recurrent Abortions.
cell disorders characterized by ineffective hematopoiesis, ... Hematologic conditions: congenital (hereditary sideroblastic anemia, congenital dyserythropoietic ... MDS_LLS_final March2013.ppt [Compatibility Mode] Author: chaley
• Endocrine disorders • Gastrointestinal disorders • Hematologic disorders • Rheumatic and autoimmune diseases • Medications NOF. ... Microsoft PowerPoint - ~7499216.ppt [Compatibility Mode] Author: vyarborough Created Date:
• The effectiveness of the dose of heparin administered to the patient (PPT test) NURSING IMPLICATIONS • Assess ... disorders, or rheumatoid arthritis although abnormal protein level may be associated with these disorders. WHAT IS BEING MEASURED?
Includes the study of the following blood disorders: –Red blood cell disorders ... Physical Exam of Hematologic Patients Skin signs –Jaundice –Pallor ... Microsoft PowerPoint - ch35 (Hematology) (NOTES)(2011).ppt [Compatibility Mode]
DISORDERS OF THE HEMATOLOGIC SYSTEM ANEMIA In the human body, healthy red blood cells (RBCs) carry oxygen to tissues. A balance is maintained be-tween the production of new RBCs and the disposal of old “worn-out” RBCs. Anemia occurs when some-
• 4 healthy PBSC donors, 7 hematologic disorders or cancer patients • All receiving short course of GCSF. 5 •Rare reported events1 –Serious skin rash (cutaneous vasculitis) –Lung injury ... Keel handout Chronic idiopathic neutropenia.ppt
Activation Disorders Cem Akin, MD, PhD Brigham and Women’s Hospital ... • Hematologic abnormalities • Osteoporosis and pathologic fractures. 2 World Health Organization ... Microsoft PowerPoint - NESA.ppt Author: ca65
moyamoya and a wide variety of other disorders. The clinical associations identified in a recently re- ... Other hematologic (1 spherocytosis, 1 ITP) 2 Giant cervicofacial hemangiomas 3 Shunted hydrocephalus 3 Idiopathic hypertension requiring medication 3
Download the .PPT version of this presentation for off line viewing (512.5 KB) Return to Power Point Presentations Index ... Hematologic Disorders-Thrombophilia, acquired or congenital Unexplained. Page 6 of 36. Low Molecular Weight Heparin in Recurrent Abortions.
Hematologic Disorders Inherited Thrombotic Diathesis Pregnancy Webs (Oriental) OCPs Trauma Infection Idiopathic Spider’s Web Sign Nutmeg Liver Caudate Hypertrophy Biliary System
Hematologic disorders –Anemia ... –Gastrointestinal disorders, both upper and lower GI tract –Associated with significant teratogenic effects 1. ... Lecture_-pre-_and_post-transplant_meds_and_complications.ppt Author: Marc Ehrlich
hematologic disorders Tyrosine kinase Cancer ABL CML/ALL/AML ARG AML ALK ALCL FGFR1 aCML FGFR3 MM FLT3 AML c-FMS MDS/AML NTRK3 AML PDGFR HES/SM PDGFR CMML; AML JAK2 PCV/ET/IMF ... Microsoft PowerPoint - 1 Force Dartmouth 5-20-13.ppt [Compatibility Mode]
• Hematologic disorders, ie monocolonal gammopathy Dhthidi ©2012 MFMER | slide-11 • Drugs, hypothyroidism. AVWS in Aortic Stenosis ... Microsoft PowerPoint - Dr. O.Waldo Mayo Resident HOCM.ppt [Compatibility Mode] Author: Bridget Anderson
Identify the causes and clinical manifestations of coagulation disorders: hemophilia A (factor VIII), von Willebrand disease, vitamin K ... (DIC). Alteration of Hematologic Function in Children 1. Compare and contrast the two major causes of hemolytic disease of the newborn, ABO and Rh ...
• Hematologic disorders – Chronic hemolytic anemia – causes hyperbilirubinemia, anemia, and reticulocytosis, which are not observed in this case ... Microsoft PowerPoint - mtd_hem_DiagChallengeSlides.ppt Author: marst03 Created Date:
•Hematologic disorders : myeloproliferative disorders, splenectomy ... •Metabolic disorders: glycogen storage disease, Gaucher disease, thyroid disorders