Advanced Engineering Mathematics with MATLAB, Fourth Edition builds upon three successful previous editions. It is written for today’s STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) student.
Three assumptions under lie its structure: (1) All students need a firm grasp of the traditional disciplines of ordinary and partial differential equations, vector calculus and linear algebra. (2) The modern student must have a strong foundation in transform methods because they provide the mathematical basis for electrical and communication studies. (3) The biological revolution requires an understanding of stochastic (random) processes. The chapter on Complex Variables, positioned as the first chapter in previous editions, is now moved to Chapter 10.
The author employs MATLAB to reinforce concepts and solve problems that require heavy computation. Along with several updates and changes from the third edition, the text continues to evolve to meet the needs of today’s instructors and students.
- Complex Variables, formerly Chapter 1, is now Chapter 10.
- A new Chapter 18: Itô’s Stochastic Calculus.
- Implements numerical methods using MATLAB, updated and expanded
- Takes into account the increasing use of probabilistic methods in engineering and the physical sciences
- Includes many updated examples, exercises, and projects drawn from the scientific and engineering literature
- Draws on the author’s many years of experience as a practitioner and instructor
- Gives answers to odd-numbered problems in the back of the book
- Offers downloadable MATLAB code at www.crcpress.com