Chest X Rays For Tb Ppt PDF
• Immunology of TB • Effect of co-infection • Clinical manifestations • Role of molecular diagnostics • Treatment guidelines Introduction • HIV pandemic has caused a resurgence of ... • Normal chest x rays & sputum positive for AFB ...
• Chest X ray- hilar lymphadenopathy, small ... Then PZA, RIF, INH x 7 months Grandmum (Kenya)+ve pulm TB Chidhood TB- diagnostic tests • Gastric aspirates – Need buffer solution • Chest X rays- technique NB • CT sometimes helpful -? radiation risk • Skin tests – 2 HCW’s.
•Chest x-rays are snapshots and can’t determine if the disease is active or infectious. •Tuberculosis may present atypically when patients are immune compromised. •Direct comparison to old ﬁlms is critically ... PJC TB radiograph 2009.ppt
chest x-ray(CXR) manifestations of TB Early HIV disease or CD4 > 300 • upper lobe predominance ... ppt. Treatment of Active TB • Rifampin is recommended as component of 4-drug regimen: ... • May need follow up chest X-rays to decide if old scarring or active disease.
– Clinical, pathological, chest x-ray findings • Know global and local TB epidemiology – Demographics of cases ... • Chest x-rays are snapshots and can’t determine if ... P. Christensen.ppt [Compatibility Mode] Author: samedoan Created Date:
diagnosis typically relies on chest x-rays. High-Burden Countries. Screening Project - Kenya. Portable X-ray Scanner. Image Sources • C. L. Daley, M. B. Gotway, R. M. Jasmer, RadiographicManifestations ... Microsoft PowerPoint - TB.ppt [Compatibility Mode]
Chest Radiography in TB Prevalence Survey ... • The central team should classify x‐rays based ... Microsoft PowerPoint - 4_CXR.ppt [Compatibility Mode] Author: bailliep Created Date: 8/17/2011 3:41:30 PM ...
--Persons with chest x-rays consistent with old healed TB (fibrotic changes) -- Organ transplant patients or other immunosuppressed patients (receiving > ... PP TB Update SCHOOLS Version 9 6 2011.ppt (Read-Only) Author: Ragan DuBose-Morris
Chest Radiography in TB Prevalence Survey ... Narayan Pendse Consultant, WHO -StopTB. Some Basic Facts TB is an airborne disease caused by mycobacterium tuberculosis When patients with TB in airway cough ... • The central team should classify x-rays based on a classification decided upon ...
• Recent chest X-rays ... Health Care Workers and MDR TB • Recognised risk for health care workers • Risk assessment • High risk – Prolonged closed contact with infectious smear pos MDR TB patients • Medium risk –Primary health care centers involved
Epidemiologic situation on TB in penitentiary constitutions of Russian Federation ... Objectives: Describe the changes found in imaging methods (chest X-rays and computerized tomography-TC), when availables, ... PPT population was: smear negative in 12 HIV(+)/10 HIV(-) ...
Tuberculosis, or TB, is an infectious bacterial disease ... Chest X-rays ... Tuberculosis and children.ppt Author: Mingha ONLUS Created Date: 9/18/2011 1:53:54 PM ...
Chest x-ray showing abnormalities Chest x-rays in HIV-positive culture-positive PTB CD4 count 350 CD4 count 50. 26 “Slim Disease ... Microsoft PowerPoint - 3 Impact of HIV on TB Epidemic in Africa.ppt [相容模式] Author: USER Created Date:
968% Normal Chest X-rays ... 9Chest CT • No evidence of TB or sarcoid 9Steroids initiated for treatment of sarcoid CLINICAL COURSE ... Microsoft PowerPoint - MycobacterialFungal_DellaLatta.ppt Author: CCNMTL Created Date: 10/26/2005 3:14:59 PM ...
gout, history of exposure to TB ... Chest X-Rays: PA View Several months later. Chest X-Rays: Lateral View Several months later. CT Thorax: Sagittal View. CT Thorax: Axial View. Summary of Image Findings ... Chest.ppt Author: AZAHODN1 Created Date:
• Chest x-rays • TB and other skin testing • Blood transfusions, use of blood products • Chronic illness: CV, renal, malignancy, HIV • Surgery: trauma to or removal of nodes • Recurrent infections Accessible lymph nodes • Cervical “Necklace” Nodes:
Figure1 (a) Technicallypoorexpiratory-phase chest x-ray withprominentbroncho-vascularmarkingsandalargeheart shadow. (b) Repeatexamination.Notethenormalheartsize; theconsolidationattheleftbaseisnowmoreclearlyvisualized onthiswell-inspiredx-ray(arrows).
Chest X-ray and Differential Diagnosis
Globe plagued by TB germ warfare Page 18 (SA) • Daily News Wednesday 28 November 2007 Dirty Hands Killed babies Front page (SA) ... Erect bucky between Chest x rays • Recording media? eg. Cassettes/ phosphor plates between examinations [foot to Baby’s chest]
Chest X-rays show evidence of concomitant pulmonary lesions in less than 25 per cent of cases. ... forms of TB which account for 10-15 per cent of all cases may represent up to 50 per cent of patients with AIDS. TB of the gastrointestinal tract is the sixth
Scientific study of TB ... Free chest X-rays ... Microsoft PowerPoint - Trudeau-Dr.Poggi.ppt [Read-Only] Author: Administrator Created Date: 4/14/2005 5:21:11 PM ...
children on TB and anti- retroviral drugs •Luminal involvement of the airway is very rare in children. In ... the chest x-rays. de Blic J. Chest 1991; 100: 688–692. Tracheal compression Gland herniating into airway Bronchus intermedius obstruction.
Active TB estimated to be present upto 1.3 years prior to diagnosis in HIV+ and ... SN TB patients with abnormal chest X rays who ultimately had positive ... Laal_Dec 14 Reference Standards.ppt [Compatibility Mode]
Any services, labs or x-rays paid for by TB Control ... End of treatment chest x-ray ... Microsoft PowerPoint - Staley_POST_Key Issues in Case Management.ppt Author: ggo24129 Created Date: 10/26/2010 9:01:01 AM ...
968% Normal Chest X-rays ... 9X cluster M. kansasii M. gordonae TB OR NOT TB NUCLEIC ACID AMPLIFICATION ... Microsoft PowerPoint - MycobacteriologyMicroBio.ppt Author: Administrator Created Date: 10/22/2004 7:11:22 PM ...
Shielding for Diagnostic X-rays: UK Guidance Jerry Williams Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh. ... – Chest radiography – Cross table radiography – Out of Bucky radiography (e.g. ... (/tb)Ba contrast studies (u/c tube) ...
sarcoidosis chest x-rays ... M.tb catalase-peroxidase (mKatG) Enzyme digestion Song Z, et al. J Exp Med 2005; 201(5): 755. A Sarcoidosis Antigen is Discovered in Tissue Extracts ... Microsoft PowerPoint - Ppt0000005.ppt [Read-Only] Author: stonej3
- TB: incidence not increased. Other Respiratory Diseases Pneumonia: Management - do NOT avoid chest x-rays - avoid tetracyclines (& quinolones) - VZIG and acyclovir - TB: INH, rifampin, ethambutol PZA (recommended by WHO) Other Respiratory Diseases
• TB is a common side effect ... Chest X-rays Classic/Chronic Silicosis Normal Lungs Acute Silicosis. Accelerated Silicosis • Progress of disease intermediate • Commonly associated with acute silicosis ... Microsoft PowerPoint - Pneumoconiosis.ppt
Pseudo -TB changes 12% apex location 20% Pleural effusion 29% massive 16% ... Chest X–Rays Infection images 2-3 wks 3-5 wks 8-10 wks Lung: formation of worm cysts ... Microsoft PowerPoint - Paragon.Marseil.ppt Author: michel
The inverse square law stated simply says that of the number of x-rays striking an area, ... Chest radiographs illustrating high contrast (left) ... Tb screen with slow film.S: ...
• Chest X-rays - age > 15 years (R/O pulmonary TB) - heavy smokers ... Chest x-rays : normal EKG : normal. Steps of pre-anesthetic evaluation • History taking ... film chest : normal UA : urine sp.gr. 1.023 , no WBC. Case 3 Problem list: 1.
acid-resistant bacilli and chest radiography rarely is typical for TB. ... • chest X-rays may be negative in 50% of cases. TB • Thus US is a useful technique for the initial evaluation of these patients, ... Patologia infettiva di linfonodi e milza.ppt
• Less common: baseline TB skin test. ... • Chest x-rays, however, can identify employees who have early disease, and allow for intervention. • CT-scans may be useful. ... Microsoft PowerPoint - AIHA Hethmon.ppt Author: rmongillo Created Date:
lethargy; history of contacts or prior TB diagnosis; labs & x-ray ... x-rays confirm dx • Who? Anyone, but taller and thinner body habitus is more common ... • Similar features • Sudden, severe, continuous chest pain; possible shock
• X-Rays and UV radiation are (usually!) stopped in our ... • An 12 hr airplane flight is equivalent to 1/2 a chest X-Ray • Cosmic Rays important for atmospheric electric fields and ... lecture2_perspective.ppt Author: tb Created Date:
•Visualized on chest radiographs or CT •Associated with airspace disease ... •Can be visualized in X-rays and CT •Crescentic collection of air within ... granulomatosis, hydatid cyst, TB, nocardiosis, bacterial abscess •Not confused with Monod’s sign
Progress Chest X-rays July 2004 December 2004. CT Chest December 2004. Variable sizes, multiple bilateral pulmonary nodules. Investigations Microbiology X3 Sputum Negative AFB smears, TB PCR and TB cultures
• TB services • 3M • Abbott • ... Cough referrals with normal chest x-rays: • Similar to other specialists, long wait times • Increase waits for other respiratory referrals ... Microsoft PowerPoint - Cough CRC April 30 2010 30 min.ppt Author: Rsrour
(Total 259 X-rays) 1 X-ray per patient (Total 755 X-rays) Chest X-ray 1 scan for every 9 patients (Total 41 scans) 1 scan done for every 11 cases (Total 71 scans) CT Scan ... Microsoft PowerPoint - AFR 20 - Thomas.ppt Author: p4125568 Created Date:
– TB, Syphilis (Watson and Hazleman) – Pseudomonas ... – Chest & Sinus X-rays Scleritis: Treatment Non-necrotizing scleritis D NscIAmSei–Stsy Ibuprofen 400 to 600mg PO QID ... Scleritis 7-30-06.ppt [Compatibility Mode] Author: kwoo
... (x-rays) Hi-LET High LET radiation (with charged particles) IMRT-Hi-LET Combination of above ... Tb (133mg/cm2) •Removable Mount •SDD: 155 cm Elekta D. Jaffray et al. 7 Transverse ... Battista.ppt [Read-Only]
•A luminescent intensifying screen absorbs X rays and emits light, ... Tb) more sensitive and effective than (CaWO4) ... Paediatric chest (patient 3 months old) obtained with CR and with too low dose. Image resulted
... Bacterial TB ViralTYPE OF MENINGITIS : Bacterial, TB, Viral, fungal. ENCEPHALITIS ... Chest x ray: detect pulmonary involvement 3b CT 83b. CT scan8 Æenhtfthhancement of the ... INFECTIONS_OF_THE_CENTRAL_NERVOUS_SYSTEM08-2.ppt [Read-Only] [Compatibility Mode]
... skull mastoid and paranasal sinus x rays ... TB in Indonesian ... Chest x ray: detect pulmonary involvement 3b. CT scan8 Æenhancement of the basal cistern. 3b. MRI are more sensitive than CT sans in detecting basal meningitis
spread to her chest and neck ... and X-rays confirm that Kat has ... Tuberculin – basis of the TB test (PPD)
3.Co-exsisting chest sepsis (e,g TB): ... X-rays: in sinusitis and mastoiditis- opacities indicate infection 2. ... Microsoft PowerPoint - N Irsigler Intracranial sepsis and spinal cord infections.ppt [Compatibility Mode] Author: p4218299
... proved as extrapulmonary TB lesion Poor appetite with decreased daily activity, got severe ... Chest radiography , Fine needle aspirate, Bronchoscopy Polymerase chain reaction ... Standard x-rays, CT Hilar and/or mediastinal lymphadenopathy, Pleural effusions
x or gamma rays o Useful also for nuclides emitting energetic beta particles ... Variable thickness of chest wall. Clearance Time -Nasopharynx 10 min. [10 mm/min.] ... Pm, Eu, Tb Radioactive Elements of Lanthanides <0.1 Actinides <0.1 % Group Absorbed Absorption of Ingested Radionuclides.
Tb l iTuberculosis. 만성기침의원인(소아) Age group Common causes ... •Chest XChest X--raysrays--Hyperinflation, Atelectasis, BronchiectasisHyperinflation, ... Microsoft PowerPoint - 1020_1.ppt [호환 모드] Author: